Pharmacies & Medications
Maintenance medications are delivered by mail to your doorstep by our Home Delivery pharmacy. For medications that are used for only a short time, you may go to a retail pharmacy.
US Family Health Plan covers most FDA-approved prescription drugs when prescribed by an authorized physician. Your copayment depends on whether your medication is for a generic, name brand, or non-formulary medication, and whether it is filled at a retail pharmacy or through Home Delivery.
For refills or long-term medications, you save money by using our convenient Home Delivery service. Medications are sent by U.S. mail, and how they are shipped depends on the type of medication you are prescribed. Refrigerated and specialty medications are always shipped overnight. You save on time and travel, and you never have to stand in line at a pharmacy. With Home Delivery, you can get up to a 90-day supply of medication for the following copayments, which are effective January 1, 2020:
Name brand: $29
Maintenance medications are medications that you take on a regular basis for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes. We mail these medications to you through Home Delivery. Please do not use retail pharmacies for fulfillment of maintenance medications.
To obtain your prescriptions by Home Delivery, please call the pharmacy at 1.877.880.7007. Once you begin using Home Delivery, you can order refills by phone using our automated systems or by going online.
If you'd like to receive shipment notifications by text message, please call the pharmacy, tell them that you'd you'd like to sign up for shipment notifications, and give them your cell phone number.
In most circumstances, you will receive your medication within 10 business days after we receive your prescription.
Online Refill Tool
Our online refill tool is easy to use, gives you more control, and allows us to fill your prescriptions more quickly and efficiently. With this tool, you can:
- see, track, and request refills of all your active prescriptions
- change your mailing address
- add or change payment information for credit cards and FSA cards
- request express delivery if you are running low on your medication(s).
This tool is available at www.usfamilyhealth.org/refill.
Since our online refill tool is relatively new, each member will need to send in the Home Delivery Information Sheet to our pharmacy. Our pharmacy staff will make sure that the email address that you send us is entered in your profile in our system before you can register to use the online refill portal.
To set up an account so that you can start using the online refill tool, please follow these steps:
1) On the refill page, enter a valid refillable prescription number, your date of birth, and the email address that you sent to the pharmacy on the Home Delivery Information Sheet. Do not navigate away from this page.
2) A registration token will then be sent to your email address from the Brighton Marine Health Center Pharmacy. Please open your email in a separate tab/browser or application.
3) When you receive the registration token, enter that token exactly as it appears in the email from our pharmacy. You will then be asked to create a user name and password.
4) You will be taken to a log in page where you will enter your user name and the password you selected. Once you log in, you will be able to view your prescriptions, shipping address, and payment information and be able to start requesting refills.
Questions? Please call the Pharmacy at 1.877.880.7007.
One-Time or Urgent Prescriptions
For medications that you will be taking for only a short time, such as antibiotics or pain medications for an acute illness, simply go to a participating retail pharmacy and show your US Family Health Plan member ID card. At retail pharmacies, you receive up to a 30-day supply of medication for the following copayments:
Name brand: $33
Please note that medications considered specialty medications must come from the Home Delivery pharmacy.
Other Health Insurance?
If you have other health insurance (OHI) that is primary to US Family Health Plan, you must use your OHI to fill prescriptions. (Exception: if your OHI doesn't cover a particular prescription drug, you may use your US Family Health Plan coverage). After your OHI pays for a prescription, US Family Health Plan will reimburse you for your OHI's copayment. This effectively means you pay nothing for prescriptions! Simply download and complete the reimbursement form and send it to the address indicated on the form.
Let Us Help You
The pharmacy is available Monday through Friday (holidays excluded) from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please leave a message if you're calling after hours.
Toll free: 1.877.880.7007
US Family Health Plan
Attn: Pharmacy Department
77 Warren Street
Boston MA 02135-9862