Pharmacies & Medications
Maintenance medications are delivered by mail to your doorstep by our Home Delivery pharmacy. For medications that are used for only a short time, you may go to a retail pharmacy.
US Family Health Plan covers most FDA-approved prescription drugs when prescribed by an authorized physician. Your copayment depends on whether your medication is for a generic, name brand, or non-formulary medication, and whether it is filled at a retail pharmacy or through Home Delivery.
For refills or long-term medications, you save money by using our convenient Home Delivery service. Medications are sent by U.S. mail, and how they are shipped depends on the type of medication you are prescribed. Refrigerated and specialty medications are always shipped overnight. You save on time and travel, and you never have to stand in line at a pharmacy. With Home Delivery, you can get up to a 90-day supply of medication for the following copayments, which are effective January 1, 2022:
Name brand: $34
Maintenance medications are medications that you take on a regular basis for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes. We mail these medications to you through Home Delivery. Please do not use retail pharmacies for fulfillment of maintenance medications.
To obtain your prescriptions by Home Delivery, please call the pharmacy at 1.877.880.7007. Once you begin using Home Delivery, you can order refills by phone using our automated systems or by going online.
If you'd like to receive shipment notifications by text message, please call the pharmacy, tell them that you'd you'd like to sign up for shipment notifications, and give them your cell phone number.
In most circumstances, you will receive your medication within 10 business days after we receive your prescription.
Sign up for Online Refills! It's a Win-Win for You and the Pharmacy Staff.
You win because you can:
- View your medications that are refillable and request them online
- Manage and update your address and payment information
- Request rush shipment if you're running low on your medication(s)
It's a win for the pharmacy, because it will save our staff time taking refill requests by phone, which gives us the opportunity to fill your prescriptions and mail them to you faster.
Our online refill tool is easy to use and available at www.usfamilyhealth.org/refill. .
To set up an account follow these steps:
- On the refill page, enter a valid refillable prescription number, your date of birth, and the email address that you sent to the pharmacy on the Home Delivery Information Sheet. Do not navigate away from this page.
- A registration token will be sent to your email address from the Brighton Marine Pharmacy. Please open your email in a separate tab/browser or application.
- When you receive the registration token, enter that token exactly as it appears in the email from our pharmacy. You will be asked to create a username and password.
- You will be taken to a login page where you will enter your username and the password you selected. After logging in, you will be able to view your prescriptions, shipping address, and payment information, and be able to start requesting refills.
Wondering if your medication has shipped?
You can now receive shipment notifications by text message! By signing up, you can:
- Know when your medication has shipped
- Track your expected delivery
- Know if there has been a delay
To get started, simply call the pharmacy and give them your cell phone number. We'll send you a text message to confirm it's you, and once you've confirmed, you're all set!
Have too many medications? Forgetting to refill your medications on time?
You can now sign up for automatic refill! Certain limitations apply. Have questions? Call the pharmacy at 1.877.880.7007
One-Time or Urgent Prescriptions
For medications that you will be taking for only a short time, such as antibiotics or pain medications for an acute illness, simply go to a participating retail pharmacy and show your US Family Health Plan member ID card. At retail pharmacies, you receive up to a 30-day supply of medication for the following copayments:
Name brand: $38
Please note that medications considered specialty medications must come from the Home Delivery pharmacy.
Other Health Insurance?
If you have other health insurance (OHI) that is primary to US Family Health Plan, you must use your OHI to fill prescriptions. (Exception: if your OHI doesn't cover a particular prescription drug, you may use your US Family Health Plan coverage). After your OHI pays for a prescription, US Family Health Plan will reimburse you for your OHI's copayment. This effectively means you pay nothing for prescriptions! Simply download and complete the reimbursement form and send it to the address indicated on the form.
Let Us Help You
The pharmacy is available Monday through Friday (holidays excluded) from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please leave a message if you're calling after hours.
Toll free: 1.877.880.7007
US Family Health Plan
Attn: Pharmacy Department
77 Warren Street
Boston MA 02135-9862